Sat Dec 3, 2016
As Forexware posts the Holiday trading hours for CFDs and FX, I think it’s important to bring up the question about trading FX, Metals, and Spot CFDs in December.
Here are some points to consider:
• Trade if there is a great opportunity to trade since It should not matter whether it is December 25th or July 1st.
• You know how to take advantage of the erratic pricing
• You will be trading on pairs of the countries whose banks that are not closed on Holidays (Australian banks will not celebrate Christmas)
• As an Asset manager you want to finish a year with a positive trading result (catch up)
• In some rare cases you want to trade because the Mercury retrogrades in Scorpio and Uranus squares Pluto
• Positions are typically have to be flat to ease the end of the year reporting
• Less trading opportunities
• Erratic pricing
• Increased slippage
There may be many more reasons to trade or not to trade and I really hope that you will make the only right decision so you can celebrate the New Year with a joy.
I will be interested in hearing your feedback for the reasons to trade/not to trade during this Holiday Season.
Happy Trading and Happy Holidays!